Palik Serie aus den USA

• Hallo,

etliche kennen sie schon, die aktuelle "Palik Serie" aus den USA, worin bislang nicht übersetzte Verne-Texte auf Englisch in textnaher Übersetzung und mit Illustrationen sowie Begleittexten veröffentlicht werden. Anbei ein Flyer, der eine Übersicht gibt über die bislang veröffentlichten Buchbände. Die Serie wird fortgesetzt...

Gruß

Bernhard

Dateien

:seemann: :baer:

-----------------------
    I love you, you love me, ja wo lawe ma denn hi??

• Das nächste Buch aus der Reihe ist erschienen:

Around the World in 80 Days - The 1874 Play [Englisch]
    Jules Verne (Autor), Adolphe d'Ennery (Autor)
    Kurzbeschreibung
    Erscheinungstermin: 2. Januar 2013
    Jules Verne's most famous novel was originally conceived as a play-and had its greatest 19th century success as a stage hit the author himself adapted. Running for thousands of performances in many different countries, including the United States, here is the original playscript, translated directly from the French by the producers of the original Broadway presentation, not published since 1874. Like filmmakers after him, Verne understood the need to make changes for the stage, and in collaboration with Adolphe d'Ennery created a distinct variation, a play with many different characters and episodes than are in the novel. Included in this volume is an introduction about how the play was created and staged, together with the first translation of Verne's essay, "The Meridians and the Calendar," explaining how Phileas Fogg accomplished his feat.

Produktinformation
    Taschenbuch: 186 Seiten
    Verlag: Bearmanor Fiction (2. Januar 2013)
    Sprache: Englisch
    [asin]1593933843[/asin]
    ISBN-13: 978-1593933845
    Größe und/oder Gewicht: 1 x 15 x 22,6 cm

[Blockierte Grafik: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61RY47Df9XL._SL500_A300_.jpg]

• Auf der Facebook-Seite des Jules Verne Forums hat Brian Taves geschrieben:

Zitat

The 6th and latest volume in the North American Verne Society's series is out, the original script of the first Broadway theatrical presentation of the Verne-D'Ennery play. Included is a detailed introduction by Philippe Burgaud on the Kiralfy Brothers, who brought the Verne plays to their first Anglo-American stagings, along wth an afterword on the German and French films of the play.